Brooke and Blake held their intimate Texas wedding at the French Farmhouse, a brand new wedding venue that I can’t wait to share more about!
Brooke & Blake’s Spring Wedding Day
These two were originally supposed to have 200+ people at their big day. Then, they downsized it due to COVID – surprise surprise! They ended up celebrating only with their closest friends and family, and they never looked back. They held their ceremony outside by the big beautiful tree the farmhouse features and it was the most gorgeous spring day for it.
So many couples in the past year have had to completely flip their plans upside down. It hasn’t been fun for anyone, let’s be honest! But so many couples have also learned the value of intimate weddings versus big weddings (even if they’ve been forced to learn that). Having only your closest loved ones at your big day means a few things:
- There’s no pressure to invite everybody. No need to please everyone by inviting those few cousins you barely know, but that mom wants invited.
- And there’s also no pressure to talk to a million different people throughout the day. No trying to make your rounds at your reception – instead, you can enjoy yourselves and only your closest loved ones. Brooke was actually able to have fun and talk to whoever she wanted to at her reception, rather than stressing about having to say hi to everyone.
- Less planning: you don’t have to plan nearly quite as much if you have a more intimate celebration. There will be less guests to plan for and more time to plan activities that you and your partner will love.
If you take anything away from this pandemic, let it be the fact that you’re allowed to do whatever you’ll most enjoy for yourself! Whether that be related to your wedding or anything in your life.
Now let’s talk a little about the French Farmhouse!
This stunning quaint venue just opened up in the fall and is located just north of Dallas. Here are some of my fave features about it that make it an amazing spot for any couple wanting an elegant venue in the area!
The Bridal Suite
The bridal suite has 8 different makeup and hair stations, giving you lotssss of room to get all done up with your girls. It also has a 3-way mirror, a full bathroom, and two large balconies overlooking the rest of the venue.
This venue is filled with all sorts of amenities for its couples to use, which makes it super easy to coordinate everything you’ll need. Here’s what’s listed on the venue’s website:
- Access to the venue from 9 a.m.- 12 a.m. on your wedding day (15 hours)
- Includes 10 custom farmhouse (seats 8-10), 20 Rounds (60 inches and seats 8-10) and French
Farmhouse cross-back chairs for guests up to 250
- Access to multiple indoor and outdoor ceremony sites
- Outdoor white garden chairs for outside ceremony up to 250 guests
- 18-foot covered outdoor patio perfect for cocktail hour, including cocktail tables
- Trudy & Lucy (The cutest antique cars)
- Vendor flexibility
- Parking accommodations for 250 guests
- Circle drive entrance, easy for drop-off and valet parking
- If available, access to outdoor ceremony the night before your wedding day for rehearsal
- Red covered Bridge
- 3-acre lake behind The Inn
- Wooded Prayer Trail around the entire Property
- Access to one-of-a-kind antique pieces
- 56 acres of property with beautiful oak trees for day-of-wedding photos
- Option to add on The Inn sleeps 20 for the ultimate weekend package
A super cool thing: there are even pieces in the venue for couples to use that are from France!
Congrats Brooke and James, your spring Texas wedding was amazing!
Texas Wedding Vendor Team:
Venue: The French Farmhouse
Dress: The Blushing Bride Boutique
Hair/Makeup: Britnie’s Skin & Hair
Planner: Paislee Events