Alexa and Bren had the most special, snowy, winter elopement at a gorgeous Leavenworth Airbnb.
If you’re not familiar with Leavenworth, it’s a small, Bavarian-style village in Washington state’s Cascade Mountains. It’s just under 2.5 hours from Seattle, and about 5 hours from Portland, Oregon. Leavenworth is one of my fave destinations to visit for a weekend because of how much it offers to anybody who goes! I’ll get into more about the town and its best features a little later in this post, so keep on readin’.
These two actually met while snowboarding, because they’re both huge snowboarders. How cool right? And Leavenworth is a great destination for anybody who loves winter activities so it was the perfect place for them to tie the knot.
The Leavenworth Wedding Venue
Alexa and Bren rented a big cabin in Leavenworth for their winter wedding, called Camp Howard. They kept it super intimate, only inviting an officiant and their two best friends. It was important to them to have a private wedding with only a couple people to say their vows in front of, and it turned out so perfectly.
Camp Howard is only one of Leavenworth’s many gorgeous Airbnb’s – here are a few details about it if you’re looking for a place to stay in the town!
- Fits 6 guests – 2 bedrooms, 3 beds, 2 bathrooms
- $404/night + taxes/fees
- 25 minute drive from an alpine skiing location at Stevens Pass
- Close to Lake Wenatchee
- Has the coolest barrel sauna outside
- Outdoor firepit
- Huge open windows with stunning mountain views
Where to Stay in Leavenworth
Here are a few of the other top-rated stays in/near the Leavenworth area:
- Cozy Apartment – 4 guests; $110/night
- 2-Story Cabin – 4 guests; $159/night
- Downtown Studio – 4 guests; $167/night
- Mountain Cabin – 4 guests; $99/night
- River Road Venue & Lodging
What to Do in Leavenworth, WA
Now, let’s get into some of the best things to do in Leavenworth if you’re visiting! I’ve included links to TripAdvisor articles that go into more detail about each activity & include specific stores/shops to visit.
- Walk around downtown & go into Leavenworth’s local shops (a fun one for kids – the Hat Shop)
- Visit the local escape room
- Find a good distillery or brewery
- Walk around a farmer’s market
- Go to one of the many nearby parks
- Go dog sledding (yes, dog sledding!)
- Get your skates out and get on the ice
- Take a freakin SLEIGH ride
- Treat yourself to a spa day
- Go wine and/or cider tasting
- Enjoy all of the nature in the area
- Stay at the Bavarian Lodge
Wedding Venues in Leavenworth
And here’s a guide to wedding venues in Leavenworth that are available for your big day. A few of the top-rated wedding venues in the area:
- Silvara Cellars
- Beecher Hill House
- Mountain Springs Lodge
- Pine River Ranch
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort
Congrats again to these two, so glad I was able to celebrate your gorgeous winter wedding at the Leavenworth Airbnb you chose!