This free-spirited winter elopement at an A Frame cabin near Mount Rainier embodies everything I adore about the PNW. So if you’re a fan of the Pacific Northwest and pretty places, you’ll love gallery just as much.
Adalyne and Mitch were an amazing couple who designed their free-spirited elopement nestled in Packwood, WA near the gorgeous Mount Rainier National Park. The elopement featured a super earthy, neutral color palette, and Adalyne wore the most amazing golden, beaded gown. Mitch rocked a white suit jacket with black pants, and these two seriously looked like supermodels who did this every day.
Packwood, on the south side of Mount Rainier, is a little town I love to visit when I’m in the area. And one of my favorite places to stop when I’m reach the Packwood area? Packwood Brewing Co. – you have to hit up this brewery if you’re visiting Rainier.
Keep in mind that during the winter, Mount Rainier National Park is closed due to snow – except for one entrance, the Nisqually Entrance. Make sure you take this into account when planning your trip to the area.
Our Mount Rainier A Frame Cabin
For this elopement shoot, we stayed in the Cozy River Cabin, a cabin in Packwood, WA near Mount Rainier. Here are the basic details about this cabin in case you’re interested in renting it for yourself:
- Fits 6 guests – 1 bedroom, 3 beds, 1 bath
- $255/night + taxes/fees
- It overlooks a creek with a view of the mountains
- Only a short drive from White Pass Ski Area – if you elope near here in the winter, you can make a skii trip out of it too.
A Frame Cabins for Your PNW Elopement
Looking for a gorgeous a frame cabin for your own PNW elopement? Good idea!! A frame cabins are a unique setting to host your celebration at and provide a super cozy environment for you and any guests you might be bringing along. Plus, they have allll the good woodsy PNW feels.
Whether you rent one for just a night or make a trip out of it, make sure to find one that fits you and any guests you have. Check out the amenities it provides – if you want a hot tub, make sure you find one with a hot tub! Basically, just make sure your dreams & visions are able to come to life in whatever cabin you end up renting.
**One important thing to note: if you’re renting an Airbnb for your elopement, make sure that the property allows parties/events OR that, if their listing says they don’t, you message them and get permission before hosting your elopement there.**
Take a look through these ones below and find your perfect match:
- Tye River Cabin Co – 3 a-frame cabins at Steven’s Pass, WA
- Cozy River Cabin – Mount Rainier, WA (the cabin we rented for this shoot)
- The Woodlands House – Sandy, OR
- That PNW Cabin – Steven’s Pass, WA
- Canyon Creek Cabins – Granite Falls, WA
- PNW Cascade Cabins – Cascade Mountains, WA
- Little Owl Cabins – Mount Rainier, WA
- Wander A Frame – Maple Falls, WA
- Roslyn Digs – Roslyn + Cle Elum, WA
- The Little Red A-Frame – Packwood, WA
- Winedown Cabin – Marblemount, WA
The Team of Washington Wedding Vendors:
HOST: The Shootout Society
DESIGNER: Dae Planner
FLORIST: Jordan Moll Events
HMUA: Carissa Blossom Artistry
PAPER GOODS: East Avenue Press
BRIDAL GOWN: Idina Bride
RENTALS: Cort Party Rental
See more of my recent work below –